Spray-Lock Concrete Protection® (SCP) manufactures spray-applied concrete treatments that
penetrate deeply into concrete capillaries and pores to waterproof and protect the entire structure, at time of placement or in remediation. SCP technology offers the quickest and most cost-effective protection solutions that meet the demands of today’s fast-track construction process.
For over 35 years, SCP post-placement pozzolan technology has been providing a better solution for concrete protection, treating over 250 million square feet worldwide. SCP products have been successful in these enhancements because they do two things:
• Chemically stabilize concrete pH
• Block concrete capillaries and pores permanently
What is Spray-Lock Concrete Protection®?
Spray-Lock Concrete Protection® provides post-placement pozzolan products to enhance and improve concrete performance throughout its service life. Colloidal nano-silica concrete treatments are innovative products that enhance the durability of Portland cement-based concrete materials. SCP takes a unique approach to this technology with a spray application process that deeply penetrates several inches into the structure and reacts to form a permanent seal of the concrete matrix. This gel, Calcium Silicate Hydrate (C-S-H), controls both the escape of necessary moisture and the intrusion of new moisture into the concrete, reducing the vast majority of concrete deterioration.
Typical uses for SCP post-placement pozzolan products include concrete slab moisture mitigation for adhesives and coatings, enhanced curing, freeze-thaw protection, resistance to de-icing chemicals, reduction in drying shrinkage and enhancement of architectural concrete. When applied at time of placement, SCP products provide enhanced curing and decreased drying shrinkage.
Features of Spray-Lock Concrete Protection®
SCP technology features include:
Improve Concrete Durability
Deters development of corrosion conditions
Enhanced resistance to salt and/or chemical attack
Enhanced freeze-thaw resistance
Reinforcing steel protection
Time-of-placement enhanced curing
Does not affect surface bond
Strengthening & surface hardening
The SCP Solution to Properly Cured Concrete
SCP 327 Time of Placement
SCP 327 Time of Placement is a non-VOC, pre-mixed, spray-applied treatment that penetrates into Portland cement concrete substrates at the time of placement.
• Superior cure as strong as 28-day waterponding without delays • Waterproofs new concrete • Eliminates the need to remove curing membranes • Allows flooring and coating installation in as little as 14 days • Enhances resistance to chemical and environmental attack • Permanent protection • Access slab in as little as 1 hour • Reduce potential of scaling and spalling • Increases durability • Saves time and money • Non-flammable • Zero VOC • Safe and easy to apply
SCP 578 is a spray-applied treatment that penetrates into the capillaries and pores of Portland cement concrete structures and substrates to seal and waterproof the concrete from the inside out. This action allows SCP 578 to reduce the effects of durability issues such as carbonation and/or efflorescence.
• Waterproofs existing concrete • Accepts all coatings, coverings, and flooring • Enhances resistance to chemical and environmental attack • Permanent protection • Access slabs in as little as 1 hour • Increases durability • Saves time and money • Non-flammable • Zero VOC • Safe and easy to apply
SCP 743 is a spray-applied treatment that is specifically engineered to penetrate into the capillaries and pores of reinforced concrete structures to protect embedded reinforcing steel. In addition, SCP 743 seals and waterproofs the concrete capillary and pore structure, hence improving resistance to chemical and environmental attack.
• Reduces reinforcing steel corrosion potential • Can extend the surface life of concrete structures • Improves resistance to chemical and environmental attack • Permanent protection • Access slabs in as little as 1 hour • Minimizes mold and mildew • Reduces potential development of corrosion conditions in concrete • Enhance cure for new concrete • Accepts all coatings and coverings • Saves time and money • Non-flammable • Zero VOC • Easy and safe to apply
CONCRETE DURABILITYConcrete can last decades longer when water and contaminates cannot move through the concrete. FLOOR MOISTURE CONTROLSCP products allow for hard scheduling of flooring. ... Read More